I should be writing a post about David Copperfield, but I need to think a bit of it over before I begin. That post can wait for tomorrow. :)
Instead, I decided to do this-inspired by Christina's Sunday Salon post. In her post, she simple named off 25 things about herself that she thought we might or might not know about her. It was a lot of fun, so I am going to repeat that here. I'm sure that some of these things are better known than others, but I'm going to try to think outside the box to be a little more creative!
If you decide to create a list, please let me know so I can read it!
1. People tell me I have nice handwriting. I'm not sure if I believe that or not, but I will say that it is a heck of a lot neater than most people's. :)
2. I actually have two Bachelor's degrees: one in English and one in history. Originally history was going to be a minor, but I went to college with a lot of credits from taking AP classes, so it was easier to just add it on. I also have a minor in social studies and my teaching certificate (duh).
3. I'm a bit of an overachiever. I'm sure this comes across, but I like to be busy. If I'm not busy, I'm lazy. And that is never good.
4. I watch too much TV for my own good. Before getting married, I would only watch a little TV a day, if anything. I didn't follow shows and just watched whatever struck my fancy. Nowadays, I watch too much. And I blame Matt.
5. Speaking of TV, one of my biggest guilty pleasures is watching The Real Housewives. I got sucked into it one season...and I just. keep. watching. My favorite "city" is Orange County, but I also love New York, Atlanta, and Beverly Hills. I watched New Jersey for a season but it was a bit too much. (feel free to make fun).
6. We have 3 cats-Hemi, Sparty, and Lily. Hemi was Matt's cat before we got married. We adopted Sparty shortly after I moved in to keep Hemi company. And Lily was added to the bunch a few months later when we found her and her sister abandoned in the park. Lily is the only one with a literary connection. She's named after Lily Bart from The House of Mirth.
7. During the summer, I work for my city parks system. I started when I was in college, and I just keep returning. Nowadays I am one of the seasonal rangers. I love that job-very relaxed and the work is always diverse. Plus, I get to work with teenagers all summer (our employees), so I love it.
8. I was in a sorority in college. That always seems to throw people for a loop. :) I was also in a history honors fraternity. That one isn't as embarrassing. ;)
9. I rarely wear my hair down. When I'm teaching, my hair always starts down, but it eventually gets put up in a ponytail. When I'm working at the park, it is usually in the way if it's down (and I hate having my neck be all hot and sweaty-yuck). Most days when we're not up to much, my hair is up in a messy bun. The best part about wearing your hair up constantly is that when it IS down, you get lots of compliments. ;)
10. This July will mark TEN years that Matt and I have been together. We started dating before my senior year of high school (he was a junior), and have been together ever since.
11. I am exactly 4 months and 1 day older than Matt.
12. I'm pretty good at crafty things. I crochet on a semi-regular basis. I also scrapbook. I'm good at making things if I have an example to look at, and I really enjoy that kind of work.
13. I have blue eyes. In fact, everyone in my family has blue eyes. I always thought that was cool when I was a kid.
14. I absolutely HATE being hot. I whine like a little kid if it is at all warm outside. This makes perfect sense with me working at a park, right? No, really, I cannot stand being hot. I hardly ever wear a real coat in the winter because I don't like being warm (I usually rock a fleece) and I sleep with a fan pointing directly on me year round. And I live in Michigan. Yeah.
15. I'm kind of clumsy. I will randomly run into things and bruise myself. Last night I was washing dishes and sliced my thumb open on a thermometer. Don't ask how I did it.
16. I have only been pulled over once and it was when I was 16. I was running late to school and my mom asked me to take my sister to school. I was speeding in a school zone. Ugh. It was bad.
17. I HATE being late. And I hate it when other people are late. It drives me absolutely insane. What's worse is Matt is ALWAYS late and it makes me so mad!!
18. I am only organized in certain aspects of my life. Anything pertaining to work, my blog, my books, etc is always kept in perfect order, but our bedroom is chaos-clothes everywhere. I just pick my battles.
19. I'm obsessed with the color green. If something comes in green, I have to get it. Thankfully Matt tolerates the green obsession.
20. Anything Matt does that is overly romantic makes me giggle. Had Matt proposed in a super cheesy way, I would have giggled. I can't help it. Now, I love romance movies and such, so who knows what's wrong with me.
21. I get migraines. A lot. The first one I ever got was in college, and it was in the middle of a class. Thankfully I had a friend in class and he walked me back to my dorm and put me to bed. When I get a really nasty migraine, my vision usually disappears (some people get the "halo," where they can still see in their periphery, but mine goes completely).
22. My favorite number is 22. :)
23. I can be overly sarcastic and snarky if you get me going. Some people appreciate it and some don't, so I have to feel you out before unloading my snark. :)
24. I'm actually a bit of an introvert. I don't mind being with people, but I generally choose staying in over going out. Too many people stresses me out and makes me uncomfortable.
25. I bend over backwards for people because I have a fear of letting people down. This probably goes hand in hand with my overachiever tendencies, but I HATE feeling like I didn't do enough. A few people have taken advantage of this, so recently I've become a bit more careful about not doing too much for other people-know what I mean?
There you have it, 25 pieces of worthless information about me. :) I hope this was somewhat entertaining for you. Again, if you decide to join in on the fun, let me know!
I am so with you on being hot!! It's weird, because as I've been losing weight, my body temperature has started to do weird things, making me much hotter or colder than normal at times, swinging about wildly. No fun.ReplyDelete
I'm the complete opposite: I adore heat and humidity. In air conditioning, I wither. I'm the one who step outside on a 90 degree day and sighs in relief. (Like most people do when they walk inside.) :)ReplyDelete
I'm also extremely disorganized, but it doesn't bother me at all, because I never notice disorder. And I'm a definite homebody.
Your handwriting is LOVELY. :)
Great post, it's always good to learn more about the people behind the blogs.ReplyDelete
I met my husband during school too, I was 17 and he was 18. It's been so nice growing up together :)
I watch so much more TV than I did before I got married too! What is with that? I'm with you on the heat thing too, I hate being hot! The Huz and I always take a trip in Sept/Oct so we don't have to deal with summer weather. I'm also a punctuality nut. I refuse to be late to anything and that's hard when you're married to a someone who is chronically late. I'm also obsessed with a color (blue) and my sister will no longer let me buy anything blue when I'm with her. Love learning more about you!ReplyDelete
Where's Number 22!?ReplyDelete
Hahaha. I remember typing 22 this morning, but apparently not?? It's there now. :)Delete
I'm new to your blog, so it was fun to get to know you better! I have a guilty-pleasure addiction to certain reality tv shows as well, so don't feel bad about your Real Housewives habit. :)ReplyDelete
I did something similar to this for my 100th blog post: http://theorderoftheday.blogspot.com/2011/10/100th-post.html
Now I'm curious about your handwriting! I want to see it! I love handwriting.ReplyDelete
I love lists like this but I have an awful time coming up with that many things myself! I had to wrack my brains to come up with just 7 a couple of weeks ago. :)ReplyDelete
I love green too!
That was so interesting. Great to know a little more about you. :)ReplyDelete
P.S I tagged you. http://readinglittlebitofeverything.blogspot.com/2012/02/ive-been-tagged-your-it.html
Yay Allie for completing this! I love it. And you know I'm SO with you on the tele blame game. I hardly ever watched tv prior to Di but she's an addict. Like the tv generally has to be on. She needs noise. Sometimes I run away. Haha.ReplyDelete
So many things in common ... :)ReplyDelete
And was it one of those tall, flat candy thermometers? Because I've sliced my finger open on ours more than once! You think that would be a design element that they would check.
I'm with you on #3. If I'm not busy then I feel lazy. But THAT is sometimes not good either. Sometimes I end up going so fast that I burn out.ReplyDelete
Fun to get to know you better! Think the high-achieving comes out in a lot of these things. ;)