I should be writing a post about David Copperfield, but I need to think a bit of it over before I begin. That post can wait for tomorrow. :)
Instead, I decided to do this-inspired by Christina's Sunday Salon post. In her post, she simple named off 25 things about herself that she thought we might or might not know about her. It was a lot of fun, so I am going to repeat that here. I'm sure that some of these things are better known than others, but I'm going to try to think outside the box to be a little more creative!
If you decide to create a list, please let me know so I can read it!
1. People tell me I have nice handwriting. I'm not sure if I believe that or not, but I will say that it is a heck of a lot neater than most people's. :)
2. I actually have two Bachelor's degrees: one in English and one in history. Originally history was going to be a minor, but I went to college with a lot of credits from taking AP classes, so it was easier to just add it on. I also have a minor in social studies and my teaching certificate (duh).
3. I'm a bit of an overachiever. I'm sure this comes across, but I like to be busy. If I'm not busy, I'm lazy. And that is never good.
4. I watch too much TV for my own good. Before getting married, I would only watch a little TV a day, if anything. I didn't follow shows and just watched whatever struck my fancy. Nowadays, I watch too much. And I blame Matt.
5. Speaking of TV, one of my biggest guilty pleasures is watching The Real Housewives. I got sucked into it one season...and I just. keep. watching. My favorite "city" is Orange County, but I also love New York, Atlanta, and Beverly Hills. I watched New Jersey for a season but it was a bit too much. (feel free to make fun).
6. We have 3 cats-Hemi, Sparty, and Lily. Hemi was Matt's cat before we got married. We adopted Sparty shortly after I moved in to keep Hemi company. And Lily was added to the bunch a few months later when we found her and her sister abandoned in the park. Lily is the only one with a literary connection. She's named after Lily Bart from The House of Mirth.
7. During the summer, I work for my city parks system. I started when I was in college, and I just keep returning. Nowadays I am one of the seasonal rangers. I love that job-very relaxed and the work is always diverse. Plus, I get to work with teenagers all summer (our employees), so I love it.
8. I was in a sorority in college. That always seems to throw people for a loop. :) I was also in a history honors fraternity. That one isn't as embarrassing. ;)
9. I rarely wear my hair down. When I'm teaching, my hair always starts down, but it eventually gets put up in a ponytail. When I'm working at the park, it is usually in the way if it's down (and I hate having my neck be all hot and sweaty-yuck). Most days when we're not up to much, my hair is up in a messy bun. The best part about wearing your hair up constantly is that when it IS down, you get lots of compliments. ;)
10. This July will mark TEN years that Matt and I have been together. We started dating before my senior year of high school (he was a junior), and have been together ever since.
11. I am exactly 4 months and 1 day older than Matt.
12. I'm pretty good at crafty things. I crochet on a semi-regular basis. I also scrapbook. I'm good at making things if I have an example to look at, and I really enjoy that kind of work.
13. I have blue eyes. In fact, everyone in my family has blue eyes. I always thought that was cool when I was a kid.
14. I absolutely HATE being hot. I whine like a little kid if it is at all warm outside. This makes perfect sense with me working at a park, right? No, really, I cannot stand being hot. I hardly ever wear a real coat in the winter because I don't like being warm (I usually rock a fleece) and I sleep with a fan pointing directly on me year round. And I live in Michigan. Yeah.
15. I'm kind of clumsy. I will randomly run into things and bruise myself. Last night I was washing dishes and sliced my thumb open on a thermometer. Don't ask how I did it.
16. I have only been pulled over once and it was when I was 16. I was running late to school and my mom asked me to take my sister to school. I was speeding in a school zone. Ugh. It was bad.
17. I HATE being late. And I hate it when other people are late. It drives me absolutely insane. What's worse is Matt is ALWAYS late and it makes me so mad!!
18. I am only organized in certain aspects of my life. Anything pertaining to work, my blog, my books, etc is always kept in perfect order, but our bedroom is chaos-clothes everywhere. I just pick my battles.
19. I'm obsessed with the color green. If something comes in green, I have to get it. Thankfully Matt tolerates the green obsession.
20. Anything Matt does that is overly romantic makes me giggle. Had Matt proposed in a super cheesy way, I would have giggled. I can't help it. Now, I love romance movies and such, so who knows what's wrong with me.
21. I get migraines. A lot. The first one I ever got was in college, and it was in the middle of a class. Thankfully I had a friend in class and he walked me back to my dorm and put me to bed. When I get a really nasty migraine, my vision usually disappears (some people get the "halo," where they can still see in their periphery, but mine goes completely).
22. My favorite number is 22. :)
23. I can be overly sarcastic and snarky if you get me going. Some people appreciate it and some don't, so I have to feel you out before unloading my snark. :)
24. I'm actually a bit of an introvert. I don't mind being with people, but I generally choose staying in over going out. Too many people stresses me out and makes me uncomfortable.
25. I bend over backwards for people because I have a fear of letting people down. This probably goes hand in hand with my overachiever tendencies, but I HATE feeling like I didn't do enough. A few people have taken advantage of this, so recently I've become a bit more careful about not doing too much for other people-know what I mean?
There you have it, 25 pieces of worthless information about me. :) I hope this was somewhat entertaining for you. Again, if you decide to join in on the fun, let me know!