Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weekly Wrap-up for April 15, 2012.

After my mild panic earlier this week about lesson-planning, I'm feeling much better. Sometimes I panic and then it turns out it isn't so bad. I ended up reading the book I was discussing on Wednesday night (yes, the whole thing), and I met with another teacher on Thursday to go through the unit. Problem solved. I managed to figure it all out yesterday-worked out the kinks and figured out the small bits and pieces I need to fix before I actually teach the unit. I feel a lot better about it. So, crisis averted. ;)

I also planned out the rest of my unit on Ender's Game yesterday. So now all of my classes are planned through mid-May. I feel a big sense of accomplishment. :D

As for reading and the blog, well, I am still feeling like I am in a big ol' rut. Don't get me wrong, I've been reading, just not the books I'm supposed to be. I read The Color of Water by James McBride (teaching it), as well as The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (the book I am passing out for World Book Night). I haven't touched Clarissa in about a week, and I am starting to panic a little bit about finishing it in the next 15 days...

I'm still aiming to plow through it by the end of the month, but if I'm going to do that, then I best get on it, right?

Alright, I am off to clean and do some reading. I hope you all have a wonderful reading week!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel settled in your teaching and lesson planning. That much be such a relief.

    Good luck with Clarissa. You're a warrior! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting to hear you blog about Ender's Game. It's a book other librarians have recommended to teen readers, but since I haven't read it, I've been hesitant to do so. Glad you've found a teaching position, only sad that we do not hear from you as often...but better reading than blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know the teaching is going well! As someone who taught a class for a year and was always hopelessly behind on planning, I'm really impressed with all the planning you have done. Awesome job :)
    Good luck with Clarissa! I hope you can get it finished in time :)

    ReplyDelete