I also have a lot in store for the coming year. I am ready and focused to make a significant dent in my project list. Some of what I have planned is already in motion, and some will require some work. Here are a number of goals, resolutions, and plans that I have for 2011.
- Host 12 one-month readalongs on books chosen by fellow bloggers (already in motion)
- Host 6 two-month readalongs on books chosen by me (already in motion)
- Be successful in completing my reading assignments for each day of the readalongs
- Send bloggers who complete the readalong novel their "surprise"
- Continue to have a balance between those books I am excited to read and some of those titles I am not so excited to read
- Aim to get to at least 160 books read off my project list by December 31, 2011 (this means I need to read about 90 books from my list)
- Allow for 5 "fun" reads throughout the year (not an entire month like I did this past year)
- Decide whether to move the blog to Wordpress or stay on Blogger and carry through by the end of March
- Continue to keep the blog organized, pages updated, and links fresh
- Continue my account on Goodreads.com (you can find me at Allie Danielson) and keep updated
- Continue my account at Twitter (@alliedanielson) and keep updated
- Continue to comment as much as possible on as many blogs as possible daily (this is something I have been working on the last few months)
- Continue to branch out to other bloggers and reading communities that are directly tied to my classics project
- Keep meeting new people! :) And continuing friendships with bloggers I already know and love!
- Set a time limit per day to focus on blogging activities and stick to it
- To keep my sanity, maintain a block of extra time on the weekend to spend more time blogging and interacting
- Continue to write reviews as I read and schedule ahead so I don't "fall behind."
What goals and plans do you have for the coming year? Or are you one of those people who think resolutions are silly? ;)