Sunday, January 1, 2012

Shakespeare Reading Month Master Post:

Welcome to the master post for Shakespeare Reading Month 2012!

I am excited that it is finally January 1 and this event is underway. :) It seems we have been talking about this for months, right?

The plan for this month is pretty simple. First, you need to read something Shakespeare-it could be a play, some sonnets, a biography, etc. Once you have read a piece, you need to write a post of some sort. Once written, come back to THIS master post and complete the linky to your post. I will have a link to this post at the very top of my blog page for easy access. Please make sure you link your posts!

At the end of the month, I will pull a random number. The winner will receive a Penguin clothbound edition of Shakespeare's The Sonnets and A Lover's Complaint (the link will take you to the Penguin.com info page for the edition). The giveaway will end on February 1, so make sure you link everything before then! I will also ship internationally if you live outside the U.S. :)

Sound good?

Now read, read, read! :)

IMPORTANT: When you submit a link below, please include your name and the title of the play/piece you are reviewing where it says "your name." This will make it easier for others to find your reviews!

15 comments:

  1. I'm in, first up: Henry IV, Part I. Can't wait jump into this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reviewed Antony and Cleopatra. My first Shakespeare read since school (many moons ago).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Macbeth is definitely my favourite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One down... Hopefully a LOT more to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Midsummer Night's Dream was my first Shakespearean comedy and it was such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finished Hamlet... Oh God, I am feeling so empty! Great play though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, why are most of my recent posts linking back to this post? Did I do something wrong when I posted my first Shakespeare Reading Month post? It's freaking me out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely loved Much Ado About Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apparenlty I totally missed this before. Thanks for the reminder and sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry, I think I broke the rules, and didn't write about a specific play. Sorry... I did READ three of Shakespeare's plays, and one contemporary of his. Feel free to take me out of the giveaway no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shakespeare is the greatest writer of all time; everyone knows that. But this title has everything that one can look for in a Shakespearean play. It has love, comedy, creativity...EVERYTHING! The editor is awesome and helps someone who is not sure of the meaning of difficult phrases understand them. This is a great version of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' and has all the best essays and a great overview.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A little (or a lot) late, but I left my first link :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm finally done posting all my reads, with a day to spare! Thanks for hosting, Allie! This was awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete