Sunday, January 1, 2012

Weekly Wrap-up for January 1, 2012: New Year, Goals, and Readathon.

2012 is looking good so far! :) I spent last night at my eldest brother's house with some good friends and family. There was a lot of food, some drinks, and a lot of laughing. Even though I haven't been feeling good and would have preferred to stay in bed, I had a good time.

I'm feeling a bit better today, but still congested. I hate having colds. They make me miserable, and it always seems silly to feel so run down just because of a stuffy nose!

Anyway, I won't let that hold me back from some things that I need to get down this week. I just hope that I can start breathing like a normal person in the near future.

I'm really excited that it is finally January. I feel refreshed and ready to go in this New Year. Earlier in the week I outlined some of my goals for the new year, so today I am going to start putting them in action. I have plans for a walk a little later this afternoon to jump start some of my exercising. Matt and I actually live near a park, so I think a stroll this afternoon while listening to some Shakespeare is just what I need to start the year off right in regards to exercising.

Today is also the start of my little "Day After" readathon. I'm excited to get into 2012 by reading some good books. I still need to finish The Age of Innocence, book 125 and the book everyone selected in my poll. I've had a bit of a busy week, so I haven't spent any time reading. After the Wharton, I'm going to dive right into some Shakespeare. I think I might read Antony and Cleopatra first, then a biography I picked up yesterday, but I am going to play it by ear. :)

Well, I best get started on my reading. I will probably update my progress a little later this afternoon or into the evening. For those of you joining in, enjoy your books!

Happy New Year!

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good New Year's! I ate WAY too much - sugar binge on the last night of the year?? Ugh! :D But it's a new year and a time to start over! I can't wait to see where 2012 takes us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I look forward to following along with your blog this year - and I'm super excited about your month devoted to Shakespeare. I start Macbeth today. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very best wishes for the new year!! And happy reading!! I hope that you'll feel better soon. I am going to start with Shakespeare this evening - so excited to be reading so much of him this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I may join you in walking around some today. That's a good plan to jump start exercising! Good luck with your reading in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had the energy to take a walk today, but I must admit I may do a whole bunch of nothing...possibly a nap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a cold too (in the summer, believe it or not) and I know what you mean. It feels silly to be so annoyed by something so tiny, but I don't seem to be logical when it comes to colds. Oh well.
    Enjoy your reading and walking today! Such a lovely way to start the year.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear. It's terrible to have a cold! I'm sitting here with a blocked nose too!! :(

    I've already begun my reading for this year. I've started with something light and fun. Let's see how I do tomorrow. Here's my first update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm excited and energized to start a new year, too, Allie! I wish you luck in your 2012 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Allie! I hope you're feeling all better soon. Have fun with your readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year!

    I feel ya on the stuffy nose -- feeling run down thing, something so small can def bring you down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh, I hate colds too. Nasty things. I hope you feel better soon.

    Enjoy your reading! I haven't had much time to read today, but I'm hoping to spend a good bit of time with Bill Bryson's Shakespeare tomorrow.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete