Monday, January 23, 2012

A Winter's Respite Readathon.

I wasn't going to sign up for this readathon, but after thinking it over today, I decided I better. :)

This readathon is hosted over at The True Book Addict and lasts from today through Sunday. I am signing up late, but I don't think it is a big deal. :)

Since this week is exam week for the school districts around here, I doubt I will get many, if any, subbing jobs. And while there are a few other things to take care of this week, I would love to make more progress on my reading list.

Here are my reading plans for the week:
  • Finish the five remaining Shakespeare plays I have on my project list: Henry IV Part I, Henry IV Part II, Othello, The Merchant of Venice, and A Midsummer Night's Dream
  • Read Volpone by Ben Jonson and Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe to finish my plans for Shakespeare Reading Month (both were contemporaries of Shakespeare, so I thought it would be a fun way to end the month).
That's it! I hope I can at least get the Shakespeare plays done-that would be a huge relief! :)

Are you joining in? Either way, what are you reading plans for the week?

8 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I knew you'd join. :)

    I'm also reading Othello and A Midsummer Night's Dream this week. I'm itching to read Volpone and Marlowe too! Such a great idea to end the event. I can't read them this year, though; I'm all booked up, and I'm trying to only read what I own.

    Have fun, Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading Volpone and Doctor Faustus sounds like an excellent way to finish off your Shakespeare month! (Assuming you have time, of course.) I'm only joining in the readathon informally, mostly because I'm too lazy to work up any blog posts. I'll tweet my progress, however. In an ideal world I'll read Coriolanus, finish the Bryson Shakespeare and read the completely non-Shakespearean Savage Detectives but reality is that I probably will only get one or two of those finished at best. (SD is nearly 600 pages long and I just started today.)

    Good luck and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun this week! Your list of Shakespeare is very ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Hopefully you can get some reading done even with your noisy neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining me for the read-a-thon! I hope you accomplish all your goals. I just wanted to remind you to add this post link to the starting line linky here: http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2012/01/winters-respite-read-thon-starting-line.html I have a ton of prizes and two participants will win a prize every day of the read-a-thon.

    Have fun reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You Renaissance Drama fan, you! I love it! My master's is in Renaissance Lit and my specialty is Renaissance Drama (heavy on the Shakespeare, but I love Jonson too! Bartholomew Fair specifically...) Good luck getting through the Henriad (Henry IV Part I is one of my favorite Shakespeare plays!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you've got some impressive reading to do. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete