Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekly Wrap-up for January 22, 2012: Home Sweet Home.

There is nothing like coming home after a week away! I am currently sitting on my own couch with my kitties clamoring and fighting for my lap. Sadly for them, my laptop already has that spot. :)

The drive home ended up being uneventful after we saw that there might be some nasty weather on our trip back north. Except for a nasty rainstorm just south of Atlanta yesterday, we didn't really encounter any scary weather. Thank goodness! Yesterday we drove for about 13 hours to get to Lexington, Kentucky and drove the remaining 6 hours today to get home. While I had a blast, I am glad to be back home.

Matt has left for the afternoon (closing shift at work tonight), so it is just me and the kitties for about 7 hours. In addition to cuddles (they missed me it seems), I also need to unpack. I might put that off until tomorrow. ;) I am in the mood for some reading, so I might try and get through both parts of Henry IV today.

I was going to write more, but we have new neighbors moving in downstairs and they are a bit distracting. I'm a little bummed about getting new neighbors...the others just moved out and into the townhouse attached to our apartment building, and I thought we might get a break from hearing noise beneath us. Apparently not. And they seem to have two VERY LOUD children. I have nothing against kids, but these are running and screaming up and down the stairs (which share the wall with our living room). I hope this isn't going to be a miserable experience.

I am going to head into the bedroom, listen to some music, and read. I'm sure I'll be back online later to update a little more about our trip.

Happy Sunday everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good trip! Hopefully the kids are just excited about moving and they'll calm down soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dare you to go out there and yell at the kids. Be the scary neighbor!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one reason I don't want to move into an apartment - I know I'd be worried my kids would bother everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Henry IV plays and Henry V are my favorite Shakespeare plays, so I hope you enjoy those! It's always nice to come home to kitties who are happy to see you. :)
    I hated that part of living in an apartment - it was always noisy. I can still hear kids screaming and playing in the street sometimes now that we're in a house, but it's not the same as sharing a wall! Hopefully they'll settle down after the excitement of moving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you didn't have too bad of weather driving home. I know the weather maps looked scary for a while there. Enjoy the Shakespeare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how this sory ended. (The screaming kid.) But welcome home just the same, Allie!! You were missed -- even though you were actually still with us. :-)

    I'm glad you had fun down South!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a nice vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to know the trip back home was safe! I'm sorry about the loud neighbors, it's an annoying experience I can sadly relate to.

    ReplyDelete