I am pretty darn excited about this week's Top Ten Tuesday Topic: Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful folks over at The Broke and the Bookish.
As a classics blogger, I know there will come a day when I am out of books to read by certain authors. What will I do then? That is too scary to think about, so for now, I will give you my dream list of authors that I want one more book from!
In no particular order...
- J.K. Rowling: Are you surprised this isn't a classics writer? Don't be. I love the Harry Potter books, and I have been waiting anxiously for Rowling to announce another series...book...something! I don't know if we'll ever seen another novel by Rowling, but here is my official request for one.
- Jane Austen: I still have a couple of pieces by Austen I haven't read yet, but I have finished the big 6. I would love to have one more novel by her...from her later years. I wonder what it would sound like!
- Charlotte Bronte: Again, I have a couple more to read, but this is another author who I would love more work from. Jane Eyre was amazing and Villette blew me away. Like Austen, I would want something from when she was older.
- Emily Bronte: Sadly, I have read (and loved) the only novel by Emily. It was tragic and beautiful, and I think that one more from her would be an amazing addition to her legacy.
- Homer: Okay, technically Homer didn't write down The Odyssey or The Illiad, but this is MY fantasy, so I can dream. I would love one more epic poem by Homer so that I can geek out a bit more on my Greek Literature.
- J.R.R. Tolkien: I have a few of his pieces to read still, but I would love another long epic like The Lord of the Rings.
- William Shakespeare: I am actually going to be quite picky and request a copy of The Tragedy of Cardenio, the lost play that WASN'T put into the First Folio.
- Harper Lee: Yes, To Kill a Mockingbird is phenomenal, but why hasn't Lee published anything else? She mastered such skill in that novel and created such lovable characters...I would love another novel by Lee.
- Herman Melville: I truly think Melville was ahead of his time. I would love to see another novel from him-in the scope of Moby-Dick.
- Edith Wharton: I am slowly running out of novels to read by one of my favorite authors...I would love just one more, written just for me. :)